- Job Details: Full Time
- Job Location: York Region, Peel Region, Toronto
1to1 is currently recruiting for full time coverage for a CDA in any of the following areas; York Region, Peel Region and Toronto
Why Join 1to1
1to1 Therapy Services is a nationally accredited service provider with Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Behaviour Therapists, Social Workers and Registered Dietitians providing services at our Markham Clinic, as well as in the community, homes and private schools in York Region and the Greater Toronto area.
Who are we looking for?
1to1 Therapy Services is currently seeking Communicative Disorders Assistants to work in the community in York Region, Peel Region and the Greater Toronto Area including Scarborough and North York. 1to1 Therapy Services is also seeking CDAs to work onsite at the clinic and ABA centre in Markham.
The clinical caseload will be pediatric with a concentration in children with autism spectrum disorder and neurodevelopmental disorders. The position will be working directly within our ABA (Applied Behaviour Analysis) and ESDM (Early Start Denver Model) interdisciplinary teams. Supervision will be provided by a Speech-Language Pathologist or Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA). Training is available including the opportunity to complete certification to become a Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT).
1to1 Therapy Services requires the CDA to demonstrate the following:
- Provide direct intervention to children with autism spectrum disorder or neurodevelopmental disorders under the supervision of a Speech Language Pathologist or Board Certified Behaviour Analyst
- Collaborate and consult with an interdisciplinary team of professionals and assistants
- Implement a treatment plan using evidence based information, relevant best practice guidelines and clinical expertise
- Actively engage clients, families and caregivers to address client centered goals following the intervention plan
- Actively engage in client/family teaching
- Maintain clinical documentation and data
The therapist we are looking for has the following qualifications:
- Graduated from an accredited Communicative Disorders Program
- Experience providing therapy to children
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience working with children with autism spectrum disorder and neurodevelopmental disorders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with an integrated team
- Reliable transportation
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Vulnerable Sector police check through volunteer screening program
- Willingness to travel to community and home visits and see clients days, evenings and weekends as required (flexible and negotiable scheduling)
How to Apply
Please use the form below or send your resume to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please indicate if you require any accommodations to participate in the recruitment process.