- Job Details: Full Time
- Job Location: Toronto or York Region or GTA
1to1 is currently recruiting for full time coverage for a Instructor Therapist in any of the following areas; York Region or Toronto.
Why Join 1to1
1to1 Therapy Services is a nationally accredited service provider with Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Behaviour Therapists, Social Workers and Registered Dietitians providing services at our Markham Clinic, as well as in the community, homes and private schools in York Region and the Greater Toronto area.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for experienced Instructor Therapists to see pediatric clients in either Toronto, York Region or the GTA. Full time and part time hours available with compensation starting at $18 an hour of direct therapy.As an Instructor Therapist, you will be implementing applied behaviour analysis (ABA) teaching procedures and intervention strategies with individuals with autism ranging from ages of 18 months to 18 years of age, either one-on-one or in a group setting. You will be responsible for delivering direct service, preparing teaching materials, monitoring the learner’s progress through data collection, participating in treatment planning with the interdisciplinary team, and liaising with parents.
How can you develop your skills at 1to1?
1to1 Therapy offers complimentary courses in Applied Behaviour Analysis, Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) course training and BCBA supervision for successful candidates who are actively working with clients and demonstrate commitment to excellent service quality. 1to1 offers a supportive interdisciplinary environment with opportunities to develop your skills through a comprehensive supervision and training program.
The therapist we are looking for has experience:
- Implementing client-specific ABA programming in either home-based or clinic-based setting.
- Supporting the client through the full cycle from preparation of teaching materials to implementing the programming, to monitoring the client’s progress and the effectiveness of the individualized programs through recording and graphing data.
- Documenting through progress notes, participating with the interdisciplinary team in the program planning process.
- Following all risk management practices to reduce and prevent risk, to support health and safety of clients and families, caregivers and service providers
1to1 Therapy Services requires the Instructor Therapist to demonstrate the following:
- A degree in psychology or related field or a diploma in a behaviour science program (e.g. Behavioural Science Technology Diploma, Autism Behavioural Science Certificate, Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree)
- Excellent communication and analytic skills, with strong organizational abilities
- Experience implementing ABA teaching strategies with children with autism, learning disabilities and related exceptionalities is considered an asset
- Must be able to lift and transfer 50 pounds
- Ability to connect with children and work successfully with various needs and abilities
- Ability to work cohesively with team members and liaise with families
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Security check with the police through volunteer screening program
- Access to a vehicle
- Motor vehicle liability insurance of not less than one million dollars
- Willingness to travel to community and home visits and see clients days, evenings and weekends as required (flexible and negotiable scheduling)
How to Apply
Please use the form below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please indicate if you require any accommodations to participate in the recruitment process.