1to1 Rehab and 1to1 Therapy Services are responsible for the protection of personal information and the fair handling of it at all times. Throughout our organization and when dealing with third parties, we act according to the (CSA) Canadian Standards Association Principles of Fair Information Practices, and the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
Personal information is collected and maintained in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. 1to1 complies with the regulations for retention and destruction of health records. 1to1’s policy on the collection of personal information is available upon request.
You have the right to see all personal information held and the right to ask for any correction of factual information. Any consent to exchange or access information may be withdrawn at any time by notifying 1to1 in writing that consent has been withdrawn. To request a review of change in your personal information, to withdraw your consent for information exchange or to discuss concerns, contact the Privacy Officer.
To provide rehabilitation services, the information collected by 1to1 Rehab and 1to1 Therapy Services will include:
- Basic identifying information (such as family names, home address, phone numbers, date of birth)
- Skill sets (such as languages, education, work and school information)
- Case history (such as medical information, assessment data, treatment information and recommendations)
- Therapy results (such as effectiveness)
- Billing information (such as financial data)
This information will be used for the purposes of:
- Providing the client with rehabilitation services. Information is collected to assist with assessment, treatment and program evaluation.
- Program evaluation by 1to1 and regulatory bodies (e.g. College of Audiologists and Speech Pathologists of Ontario, College of Dietitians of Ontario, College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, Ministry of Health, Accreditation.)
- Business administration (such as invoice creation, audits, business effectiveness assessment, review of accounting and service files)
A copy of the policy and procedures on privacy and protection of information is available upon request. If you would like a copy or if you have a concern, please contact our Privacy Officer by phone or email at: email@example.com. Clients also have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.
If you prefer, requests or complaints may be made in writing and faxed to us at:
1-866-626-0397 or mailed to us at the address below:
Attention: Privacy Officer
1to1 Rehab/1to1 Therapy Services
588 Edward Ave. Unit #33
Richmond Hill, ON