1to1’s Occupational Therapists offer assessment, education and intervention strategies for clients of all ages. Our therapists have the training and knowledge to treat mobility issues, fine motor and sensory processing issues and wheelchair & seating issues (including equipment trial).
1to1 offers safety programs that ensure both living environments and classroom settings are accessible and safe. 1to1’s occupational therapists can assist with equipment such as grab bars, ramps and chair lifts as well as customized rooms in the home or modification of classroom equipment.
Where can I get help from a 1to1 therapist?
1to1 Therapy offers private occupational therapy in the home, community in York Region and Toronto and at our clinic located in Markham.
Who are 1to1’s occupational therapists?
1to1 offers highly qualified occupational therapists by ensuring that their training and education is current and cutting edge. 1to1 currently has occupational therapists that can provide support in 21 languages. Other certifications and experience include:
- ADP (Assistive Device Program)
- Mental Health
What is an occupational therapist?
- A professional with a bachelor or master’s degree in Occupational Therapy. They are trained in identifying and addressing issues that interfere with a client’s ability to perform activities that are important to his or her day-to-day life.
- Trained to complete both standardized and informal assessments in a variety of areas, including handwriting and fine motor issues (balance, coordination), gross motor issues (visual perceptual issues, visual motor integration) and sensory processing issues.
- Trained to develop and deliver evidence-based intervention plans through direct intervention and consultation with parents, professionals, classroom and resource teachers.
Why is Occupational Therapy Important?
- Early intervention is optimal for the remediation of functional issues.
- Children in elementary school are developing crucial life skills in the areas of self-care, productivity and leisure, which they will require for years to come. Occupational therapy can enable children to become more independent and confident in these areas.
- Children are at risk of being teased and self-esteem issues, which may affect social and academic participation.
- Home safety checks
- Home safety modifications including:
- Grab bars
- Stair lifts
- Bed rails
- And many more
- Wheelchair/walker or seating assessments
What are the Advantages of Occupational Therapy?
- Remediation of a functional issue that can have a lifelong social, academic and vocational impact on the student.
- Increased confidence, self-awareness and participation.
- Individualized treatment programs provided via direct instruction to students.
- Comprehensive assessments.
- Assessment reports which will reveal strengths and weaknesses in the physical, cognitive, social and emotional components that contribute to a child’s ability to meaningfully participate in his or her daily activities.
- Consultation with the classroom and resource teachers.
- Occupational therapy goals incorporated into the curriculum.
- Establishing, coordinating and training clients for assistive devices
- Funding for equipment