1to1’s Psychologists provide services to infants, children and adolescents. The services include developmental consultation, counselling, early intervention, comprehensive diagnostic, socio-emotional and psycho-educational assessments, clinical supervision for Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). Our psychologists are also deeply involved with our Autism Team.
Where can I get Help from a 1to1 psychologist?
1to1 Therapy Services Psychologists are available throughout the GTA. No referral is needed and visits can take place either at our clinic, in home or in a variety of community settings.
Who are 1to1’s psychologists?
1to1’s Psychologists are highly trained professionals with experience in serving a variety of clinical concerns including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Genetic Disorders (Down Syndrome, Fragile X)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Developmental Delay
- Social emotional difficulties
- Anxiety Disorders
- Academic skills
- Emotional regulation
- Sensory regulation
- Social skills and play skills
- Executive functioning
- Organizing thoughts and ideas
- Learning and problem solving
- Cognitive processing
What is a psychologist?
A psychologist studies the changes that occur in human beings over the course of their life, with 1to1 psychologists focusing on infants, children and adolescence.
Why is psychology an important aspect of integrated care?
1to1 psychologists provide diagnostic assessments in order to identify and communicate a client’s strengths and needs to the family and therapy team. A diagnosis may result from the assessment. The assessment begins with a consultation session and a feedback session is provided to communicate the results. The psychologist informs a comprehensive treatment plan for the client. The Psychologist is in constant communication with the professionals involved in a client’s care including time dedicated for direct supervision.
What are the advantages of consulting a psychologist?
Our psychology team provides specialized services including:
- Diagnostic assessments
- Psycho-educational assessments
- Developmental assessments
- Autism assessments
- Socio-emotional assessments
- Gifted Assessments
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Behaviour Therapy
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI)
- Pivotal Response Therapy (PRT)
- Natural Environment Teaching (NET)