1to1’s Social Workers act as system navigators for families. They provide a free consultation with each client or family. Based on their consultation, recommendations will be made for service and a personalized clinical team will be created. Our Social Workers are the case manager in conjunction with the client or family. The can provide guidance on services, community resources, finances (how to get the most bang for your buck), funding options and much more.
1to1’s Social Workers also provide treatment to address a range of issues related to emotional regulation, social engagement, play skills and difficulties with attention. Individual and dyadic work with children and parents/caregivers is available. This holistic approach will allow families to play an active role in the intervention and learn about how to cope with stress associated with having a child with special needs.
Where can I get Help from a 1to1 Therapist?
1to1 Therapy Services Social Workers are available throughout the GTA. No referral is needed and visits can take place either at our clinic, in home or in a variety of community settings.
Who are 1to1’s Social Workers?
1to1’s therapists are trained and experienced in a wide variety of disciplines. Our therapists are capable of providing support in 21 languages in order to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
Social work is a broad and evolving field. Our therapists are always seeking new credentials, experience and training to be able to provide therapy of the highest caliber. Some of their training and experience include:
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- DIR® Floortime (Developmental, Individual-Difference, Relationship-based Model)
- Infant Mental Health
- Psycho-educational Training and Workshops
What is a social worker?
- A professional with a bachelor or master’s degree in Social Work. They are trained in working with diverse populations in a variety of settings.
- Social Workers are often responsible for the integration and collaboration of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams to create the optimal support for children and their families.
- Trained to develop and deliver evidence-based integrated intervention plans through individual, dyadic or group work and consultation with parents and professionals within the community.
Why is social work important?
- Early intervention yields better outcomes for children and their families.
- Teaching practical and adaptive skills that lead to self-determination and independence.
What are the advantages of social work?
- Social Workers have immense knowledge as system navigators. They can provide much needed support for clients and families who are coping with stress and often unsure of the next steps.
- Organization and management of the clinical team
- Management of client insurance, funding or out of pocket expenses
- Direct treatment for emotional regulation, social engagement, play or difficulties with attention